The new iPhone 11 is the direct successor of the iPhone XR, such an interesting device that has made Apple’s strategy change completely. The iPhone XR was born as a device to complete the other two major Apple iPhone and this year it has become almost the main iPhone.
The name change is no accident and Apple wants that from now on, the iPhone 11 is the device that reaps a large number of sales and the iPhone 11 Pro is left with more special devices only for demanding users.
However, the release of the new iPhone has not meant the disappearance of the iPhone XR so now doubts appear, what is better to buy right now, an iPhone XR or an iPhone 11? We will try to analyze its characteristics to be able to decide.
iPhone 11 or iPhone XR, which one to buy?
A few days ago we compared the two models of the iPhone that Apple had presented, the iPhone 11 and the iPhone 11 Pro, today we have to compare the two super-selling models of Apple.
As always, before starting this comparison, here is a complete table with the specifications of both devices.
|iPhone 11||iPhone XR|
|Dimensions||150.0 x 75.7 x 8.3 mm||150.0 x 75.7 x 8.3 mm|
|Weight||194 g||194 g|
|screen||6.1 inch LCD||6.1 inch LCD|
|Pixel density||326 ppi||326 ppi|
|Processor||A13 Bionic||A12 Bionic|
|OS||iOS 13||iOS 12, upgradable to iOS 13|
|Storage||64, 256 and 512 GB||64, 256 and 512 GB|
|Rear cameras||Two cameras: 12 + 12 MP||A 12 MP camera|
|Front camera||12 MP||7 MP|
|Camera effects||6 portrait modes, Night Mode and Selfie||3 portrait modes|
|Drums||3,110 mAh, 1 hour more than the iPhone XR||2,942 mAh|
|Waterproof||IP68: 2 meters for 30 minutes||IP67: 1 meter for 30 minutes|
|Others||Dual SIM, new-generation Face ID, Dolby Atmos sound and portrait mode for humans, pets, and objects||Dual SIM, Face ID and human portrait mode|
|Price||809 euros||709 euros|
For tastes, colors and in the case of the iPhone 11 and the iPhone XR with greater reason. It can be said that the design of both devices is practically identical. They have the same 6.1-inch Liquid Retina display and 1,792 × 828 pixels and an identical size, however, there are three main changes:
- Cameras. The iPhone 11 has a double sensor that significantly alters the design compared to the iPhone XR, which has a single camera and a more minimalist design.
- Colors. Some colors have remained but others have changed, the iPhone 11 is available in Black, White, Yellow, Red, Green, and Mauve. The iPhone XR is available in Black, White, Yellow, Red, Blue, and Coral.
- Apple. It is a small change but a change after all. The Apple Apple is no longer in the upper zone, on the iPhone 11 it is in the center. Oh, and the word iPhone has also disappeared from the device.
Probably the biggest difference between the iPhone 11 and the iPhone XR. Not only is the new iPhone has one more camera, but it also comes with many new features. In addition, the front camera also improves on the iPhone 11 from 7 MP of the iPhone XR to 12 of the iPhone 11.
This is all that the cameras of the iPhone 11 can do and that of the iPhone XR can not:
- Portrait mode. The iPhone XR has a portrait mode, however, we only have 3 of these modes and we can only use it with people. The iPhone 11 has up to 6 different portrait modes and can be used with humans, pets and objects.
- Wide Angle. The second lens of the iPhone 11 is a wide-angle lens that will allow us to take larger pictures of what we are used to, what is known as a 0.5x zoom.
- Selfie. Apple has invented a new way of taking selfies thanks to the ability of the new iPhone 11 front camera to record in slow motion.
- Night mode. Apple has included a new night mode in its new iPhone 11 that will allow you to take better photos when the light is low.
The A12 Bionic processor of the iPhone XR has an incredible power enough to move any game or app from the App Store without problems, however, Apple has managed to improve it even more with the new A13 Bionic. Being fair, both devices will move with the same fluidity, but there are some things that the iPhone 11 could do thanks to the A13 Bionic:
- Deep fusion. It is a computer photography system that uses advanced machine learning for pixel-to-pixel photo processing, including texture, detail, and noise. This is achieved thanks to the new A13 Bionic processor.
- 4K video with HDR. Recording videos in 4K at 60 f / s with extended dynamic range is thanks to the processing power of the Bionic A13.
- More battery life. The A13 processor is 40% more efficient despite being more powerful, this allows you to improve the duration of the already excellent iPhone XR battery.
Apple has managed to increase the battery capacity despite the fact that the size of the device has not changed. Apple says that in general conditions the battery of the iPhone 11 lasts an hour longer than that of the iPhone XR. We have gone from 2,924 mAh to 3,110, a small improvement but that together with the efficiency of the processor is quite noticeable.
Finally, there is always the issue of price. As usual, the iPhone 11 is more expensive than the iPhone XR, however, its starting price is cheaper than the one that the iPhone XR had at the time.
- Price iPhone 11: 809 euros.
- iPhone XR price: 709 euros.
To recommend one or the other depends on many things, it is clear that if the camera is something secondary for you the iPhone XR is a perfect device that can also be found in interesting offers. However, if the camera is something essential, the iPhone 11 is worth it for 100 euros more. In addition, you will take a device with more battery, better resistance against water and more resistant to knocks and drops, Apple says that it is the hardest glass put on even a smartphone